[gradsusr] github vs cola distributions

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 4 17:47:47 EST 2019

Yes, I know the COLA 2.2.1 src distribution tarball is lacking some m4 scripts. I really should fix that.

I don't want to put the the supplibs in the github repository. They are too large.  And I don't want to be responsible for maintaining all that baggage. And in a perfect world (unix systems that have everything GrADS needs installed in standard locations) GrADS will compile without requiring any $SUPPLIBS. I'm coming to the conclusion that providing pre-built supplibs tarballs are of limited benefit for version 2.2. Adding some instructions to the README file is good suggestion.

Thank you for the tips about github pages. I have been pondering what to do about publishing updated docs, since I may not be able to access the web pages at COLA forever, and I would prefer to avoid maintaining two documentation web sites. I haven't yet updated any doc files for the new features that have been added in the dev branch.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.