[gradsusr] GrADS is on Github

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 4 11:15:25 EST 2019

Hey, Everybody!
To celebrate the new year, I want to let you know about the GrADS source code repository on GitHub: https://github.com/j-m-adams/GrADS
This is where I will be maintaining GrADS from now on. (Old stuff still resides on the COLA web site and FTP server.) The ‘master’ branch begins with version 2.2.1. The ‘dev’ branch is where I’m adding new features. I have checked in a new module for the Python interface (called “put”) that allows you to deposit data from Python into GrADS as a defined variable. I’m quite pleased with how GradsPy is working for me in my new position at NASA/GSFC; Python is the dominant programming language in my group and the data files I’m working with (Level2 swath data) cannot be read by GrADS directly. Two recent GES DISC news articles (here<https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/information/news?title=New%20Data%20Products%20and%20Capabilities%20in%20Level%202%20Subsetting%20Service> and here<https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/information/news?title=Subsetting%20capability%20added%20for%20OCO-2%20%22Lite%22%20files>) contain some examples of the graphics I’ve created using GradsPy.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.