[gradsusr] Latest Update

Mark Sponsler msponsler at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 13:45:49 EST 2019

Thanks so much Arlindo for all you efforts to keep OpenGrads going. Your time and expertise is grwatly appreciated by all.

Yes, I filled out the survey.

It's not a huge issue if support for WinXP is dropped.

Of course having the grads.exe for XP would be great, even if it was sent just to those folks that need it as an unofficial patch and unsupported and with no gurantees about security.  It could serve as a bridge until such usrrs migrate fully over to Win10.

If you do it, just want to make it as easy for you as possible. And if you don't, I fully understand.

Thanks again,
Mark

On February 22, 2019 5:40:44 AM PST, Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:31 AM Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>> Use the opengrads.exe. It works fine in Win 10. But I had problems
>with it
>> in WinXP.
>>

>Oh yes, I forgot to mention. Windows XP is no longer supported (cygwin
>dropped support for it sometime ago). Let's see what comes out of the
>Platform
>Survey <https://goo.gl/forms/ANQcgA57q6J0hHoI3> (please give your input
>if
>you haven't done so, click here
><https://goo.gl/forms/ANQcgA57q6J0hHoI3>),
>we may need to find way to build using an old version of the compiler.
>My
>concern is that it may have security vulnerabilities.
>
>   Arlindo
>

>--
>Arlindo da Silva
>*dasilva at alum.mit.edu <dasilva at alum.mit.edu>*