[gradsusr] Contour levels are not strictly increasing

Jim Weber Jim.Weber at FOXTV.COM
Tue Feb 19 16:02:16 EST 2019

Hi,

I have a script which I have inherited that worked until all the https changes with NOAA.  That forced me to upgrade to a version of grads that could connect to a https server. Once I did this and corrected this problem I developed another issue. When my scripts run I get the following error.

Warning: Contour levels are not strictly increasing
         This may lead to errors or undesired results

I have narrowed it down to these two lines that if I remove them I do not get the error (but also do not get the contours with as many levels)

'set ccols 'cols
'set clevs 'levs

Further up in the script it has a while loop to set all the colors and also to set the cols and levs(see below). Does anyone have a suggestion on what is wrong that the above commands generate this error and how I might correct this?

* set the contour levels
nlevs=239
l=1
levs=''