[gradsusr] Is it possible to multiply an array by a scalar variable rather than a hard-coded constant?

Robert Kuligowski bob.kuligowski at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 8 10:36:43 EST 2019

All,

     I'm trying to make GrADS convert radiances to brightness
temperatures on the fly, and I'd really prefer to have as little
hard-coding as possible so I put the Planck coefficients in scalar
variables.  The problem is that the 'define' command seems to allow an
array to be multiplied by a constant value *only* if the constant value
is hard-coded.  In other words, for an input array called 'Rad' (and
using a grossly simplified example with most of the equation left out),

'define CMI=1/Rad'

works, but

fk1=5067.1

'define CMI=fk/Rad'

does not; it tells me that 'fk1' is not a variable or function name.

     Is there any way forward that doesn't involve hard-coding stuff?
Thanks!

Cheers,

--
Bob Kuligowski, Ph.D.