[gradsusr] Creating a template index file for gfs data

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 06:11:26 EST 2019

Good Day all    I am trying to run g2ctl.pl from within a shell script to generate a template control file for partial downloads of gfs data,so if I run a the command line/usr/local/Grads/g2ctl.pl -verf gfs.t12z.pgrb2.0p25.f%f3.grb > test.ctlit works fine, but if I put it into the script it runs for every file that I have in the directory and does not create the template file I need, its clearly something to do with the %f3 substitution but I am not sure what.    Anyone have an idea as to how to get this to work.
    Thanks        Jean Pierre