[gradsusr] Help Regarding additon of extra t dimension ina grd file

Dr. Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 06:48:30 EST 2019

Dear Tanmoy
I don't think it's easier in grads and consequently it is problematic
to write multi-timestep netcdf file in grads. However, it's very easy
to implement using cdo (as you told you have corresponding netcdf
file). The procedure will be the following:
Lets suppose you first file name (that having 12 timestep) is file120.nc. Then
cdo seltimestep,1/12 file120.nc first12.nc
cdo mergetime file120.nc first12.nc file132.nc

Now, file132.nc will contain 132 timesteps where first 120 timesteps
will be from file120.nc (original) and rest 12 timestep will be from
first12.nc (first 12 timestep of file120.nc).

I hope it will solve your problem.

Cheers!!!!!!

Best
Suman