[gradsusr] jpc_decode error

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Mon Nov 26 21:21:35 EST 2018

Hi, Tracey — The error is coming from the jasper library which is needed by the grib2 library to support JPEG2000 compression.  About five years ago, Wesley gave me a patched version of the library (ftp://cola.gmu.edu/grads/Supplibs/2.2/src/jasper-1.900.1-14ubuntu3.2.debian.tar.gz) which I use for building the grib2 library and linking with GrADS. Assuming that rebuilding GrADS is not an option, your only choice is to use wgrib2 to rewrite the data using a different compression algorithm.
—Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
George Mason University