[gradsusr] if else statement with string arguments

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:59:33 EST 2018

First test whether the input string is being read into the script
correctly. Then check to see if the if block is being tripped by inserting
print statements.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 11:56 AM Tracey <tdorian10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if any GrADS users could help me with this issue I am
> having.  In my GrADS script, I have:
>
> if (region ='conus')
>   'set lat 25 58'
>   'set lon 230 297'
> endif
>
> But the above lines are not working.  When I run the GrADS script, I input
> a "region" as an argument.  I want to say if the region is "conus", then
> set the longitudes and latitudes to these set numbers.  No matter how I
> change the quotations and the spaces, it doesn't seem to be re-setting the
> latitudes and longitudes.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thank you,
> Tracey

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO