[gradsusr] if else statement with string arguments

Tracey tdorian10 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:50:27 EST 2018

Hi,

I was wondering if any GrADS users could help me with this issue I am
having.  In my GrADS script, I have:

if (region ='conus')
  'set lat 25 58'
  'set lon 230 297'
endif

But the above lines are not working.  When I run the GrADS script, I input
a "region" as an argument.  I want to say if the region is "conus", then
set the longitudes and latitudes to these set numbers.  No matter how I
change the quotations and the spaces, it doesn't seem to be re-setting the
latitudes and longitudes.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Tracey