[gradsusr] Extracting time specific grib data using wgrib

Charles Vanya dolesibeni at gmail.com
Mon May 7 01:07:30 EDT 2018

Dear All,I am humbly looking for assistance. I have hourly data from COSMO model which span for 78 hours and is in grib format. I would like to extract specific variables for the whole 78hours and concatenate it as one grib file.I have tried to concatenate the files and when i run the wgrib command to extract the variables i am looking for, i am only getting data file for 2 days.I started like this:cat lfff00000000c lfff*00 > all_cosmodata To extract for specific variableswgrib all_cosmodata | egrep -i ":V:kpds5=34:kpds6:=110:|:U:kpds5=33:kpds6=110:" | wgrib -grep  -i all_cosmodata -o cosmodata_uvHere am trying to extract surface u and v component of wind for all 78hrs.However my output shows me that i have only extracted two hours data.Now my question is, how can i include the time steps so that i extract all 78 hrs at once.Your assistance will be highly appreciated.Charles Langton VanyaChief MeteorologicalPrediction SectionDept. of Climate Change and Meteorological ServicesP.O.Box 1808,Blantyre.MalawiTel:+265888980545
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android