[gradsusr] Remove Lakes from Maps

Saunders, Emily (GSFC-610.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] emily.saunders at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 28 08:08:57 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Thank you for the help, the shape files worked out perfectly and I was
able to draw the map I wanted with GrADs.

Emily

On 6/25/2018 3:16 PM, Howard Staines wrote:

> Hi Emily,
>
> If you use the shape file sets GSHHS rather than the default maps
>
> ‘set mpdraw off’
>

> Put the GSHHS files (find using google GSHHS shapefile) into the
> sampledataset folder.
>
> To draw a map
>
> ‘draw shp gshhs_land’   this will draw higher resolution coastal
> outlines than the default global resolution read the help file this
> gives control over lakes rivers draw
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Howard

Emily Saunders, PhD.
Senior Research Scientist
Global Modeling and Assimilation Office/SSAI
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Bldg 33, Room H-111B
Code 610.1, Greenbelt, MD, 20771
Phone: +1-301-614-6532