[gradsusr] Remove lakes from maps

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Mon Jun 25 20:54:46 EDT 2018

Hi, Emily —
You can query the database that goes with the shapefile and maybe the lakes have a different tag than the coastlines. Then you can loop over all the shapes, check the output from ‘q dbf’ and decide whether to draw it or not. It might take a bit longer to draw because you have to draw the elements of the shapefile one at a time, but that is how you would filter the shape to decide which ones to draw. The doc page on shapefiles has an example at the bottom that shows you how to do this.
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/shapefiles.html
ftp://cola.gmu.edu/grads/scripts/shp_demo1.gs
—Jennifer