[gradsusr] Line Plot

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Fri Jun 15 11:38:17 EDT 2018

Emily,
Your plot looks more like a time series than a scatter plot. You can draw something like that with GrADS by using the ‘set cmark’ (to specify which mark type you want), ‘set digsize’ (to set the size of the mark), and ‘set cstyle 0’ (to disable drawing the lines connecting the marks). Then just set your time dimension and display the variable.

To add your own data points after drawing the plot, use the ‘q gr2xy val1 val2’ command with the appropriate T index for your data point as val1 and the data value itself as val2. GrADS will return X,Y position coordinates, then you use a ‘draw mark’ command to add the point to your plot.

—Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
George Mason University