[gradsusr] Spatial trend using ltrend.gs

Jayakrishnan P.R prjayakrishnan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 00:56:08 EDT 2018

Dear Users,
              I would like to calculate the spatial linear trend of
temperature using long-term data and plot it using grads ltrend.gs. I would
like to get a single plot which depicts the spatial trend at each grid
point from t=1, t= last. I am doing like this. Kindly correct me if I am
wrong.

open temp.nc

'set t 1 last'
'ltrend mx2t mx2tl s e'
'set t 1'
'define a=mx2tl'
'set t last'
'define b=mx2tl'
'set gxout shaded'
'd b-a'

The obtained figure for the trend is attached herewith. Kindly help me to
check I am right or wrong.
I am subtracting the last trend with the first trend to obtain a spatial
map of the trend.
Thanks
Jayakrishnan

--