[gradsusr] GrADS convert longitude west to east

Tracey tdorian10 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:08:39 EDT 2018

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response!  I'm still a little bit confused though.  I am
passing into the script a grid, for example:

grads -lc "script.gs 25 50 -130 -60"

Where 25 and 50 are latmin and latmax, and -130 and -60 are lonmin and
lonmax.  It is necesary in my GrADS script to use both degrees east and
degrees west longitude.

So in my GrADS script, is there a way to just do something like the
following in the bold red color?

function main(arg)
latmin=subwrd(arg,1)
latmax=subwrd(arg,2)
lonmin=subwrd(arg,3)
lonmax=subwrd(arg,4)
'set lat 'latmin' 'latmax
'set lon 'lonmin' 'lonmax
*'define lonmine = 360 - 'lonmin*
*'define lonmaxe = 360 - 'lonmax*
*say lonmine*
*say lonmaxe*

The above in red doesn't seem to work and I'm not sure why.  Maybe I have
quotations in the wrong places?

Thanks,
Tracey