[gradsusr] Hillshade

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Thu Feb 15 10:07:53 EST 2018

actually I perform something similar to hillshade, a kind of poor man
illuminated orography. It's a bit heavvy and complicated, anyway:

get the slope (orography derivative)
ex: slopex=cdiff(oro,x); slopey=cdiff(oro,y)

choose your light direction ...
ex.: slope=0.9*slopex + 0.2*slopey

define your greyscale palette and display slope

... see att.

Bye Davide