[gradsusr] NCEP global SST data and GrADS

Bill Reilly bill_reilly at compuserve.com
Fri Feb 2 20:48:22 EST 2018

Gargi:

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion of using 'Set lon -80 110' isn't what I'm looking for...
I don't want to plot from 80W to 110E, that gives me the western
Atlantic Ocean to the eastern Indian Ocean... I'm trying to plot the
Pacific Ocean.

With other datasets, using 'set lon 110 280' works perfectly, but with
this SST data it doesn't work for some reason.

I've worked out a hack that will have to do for now until I find a
proper way to do it:

'set lon 110 280'
'd sst'

'set lon -250 -80'
'd sst'

This plots the western half first and then the eastern half afterwards,
but it involves hardcoding the lon values in the script so it will only
work with predefined areas... It also involves a few extra steps and
complicates the whole thing, so it's not ideal.

Thanks again for answering me... I apprecaite your help.

Bill

--

Bill Reilly

(+34) 686-110-748