[gradsusr] Histogram error in grads

Jayakrishnan P.R prjayakrishnan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 03:47:17 EST 2018

Dear grads users,
       I was using the Bin Guans grads library file hist.gs for finding the
histogram for a particular year using grads. I tried as the following by
downnloading the hist.gs file and the dependency file .gsf.

'reinit'
'sdfopen gpcc.nc'
'set lon 0 360'
'set lat -90 90'
'hist xy precip preciphist -2 2 0.25'
'set lon 0'
'set lat 0'
'set lev -2 2'
'set xyrev on'
'display preciphist'

I could not get the output. It says the following error.

rm: cannot remove '.bGASL.txt': Text file busy
[qdims info] calendar mode not yet set; standard calendar is assumed.
Data Request Warning:  Request is completely outside file limits
Operation error:  Invalid dimension environment
 Looping dimension does not vary
The data dimensions are as following.

ga-> q dims
Default file number is: 1
X is varying   Lon = 0 to 360   X = 0.5 to 360.5
Y is varying   Lat = -89.5 to 89.5   Y = 1 to 180
Z is fixed     Lev = 0  Z = 1
T is fixed     Time = 00Z01JAN1901  T = 1
E is fixed     Ens = 1  E = 1

Any idea why error ?.

Thanks

--