[gradsusr] Label all contours AND get rid of white rectangle background

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Tue Dec 18 19:52:35 EST 2018

Hi, Tracey —
I agree that the unmasked contour labels with the little white rectangles behind them are ugly and should be avoided. Unfortunately, masked and forced contour labels are mutually exclusive — the rotation of the rectangle complicated the masking code and it we did not take the time to work on it with limited resources and bigger fires to put out. Personally, I don’t really like the look of rotated (forced) contour labels, I find them hard to read. Try shrinking the size of the contour labels and see if that helps. Otherwise you could just label every other contour and that would probalby leave enough room for the non-rotated rectangular masks.
—Jennifer