[gradsusr] Clip Command

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Wed May 24 15:36:26 EDT 2017

Is the 'set clip' command disabled in GrADS?  I can't get it to work per
the Documentation Index instructions.  A search of the User Forum yields no
help, but one entry does suggest that it may indeed be disabled without
modifying the code.

For example (file open with variable "air"):

'set clip 1 6 3 7'
'd air'

Result is a map displayed to the default plot area, not to the "clip"
area.  I would normally use 'set mpvals' but cannot get that to work the
way I want it, either.

 I am using v2,1,a2,iga,1 on a Windows 10 PC.  I also cannot get it to work
using v2.0.2.oga.2 on a Linux.

I don't need suggestions on how to crop images outside GrADS.  I know how
to do that.

Stephen McMillan