[gradsusr] NAM 12km vs. NAM Conus Nest Wind Direction

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 12:25:07 EDT 2017

Sam,
I'm not really sure what's the deal with the wind vectors. Maybe it's a
temporary error that needs to be fleshed out still.

But in the meantime, i have a suggestion: instead of going through all the
effort to convert from grib2 to grib1, just use g2ctl to generate a control
file for the grib2 data. Grads is perfectly capable of reading grib2 data.

g2ctl is just like grib2ctl.pl except it works for grib2 files. A quick
Google search will reveal where you can get it.

Jeff Duda

Jeff Duda
Post-doctoral research fellow