[gradsusr] NAM 12km vs. NAM Conus Nest Wind Direction

Sam Wilson sam at surfline.com
Thu Mar 23 11:31:50 EDT 2017

Just to add some detail here on how I’m processing the data from both the NAM 12km and the NAM conus nest:

After downloading the grib2 files, I run the following:

Wgrib2 grib2file –grib tmpgrib2file
Cnvgrib –g21 tmpgrib2file grib1file

I then run the grib2ctl program on the grib1 file to produce the ctl file.

The wgrib2 version I’m using is v0.1.9.7a.

Thanks
Sam