[gradsusr] Not able to get the grads through the connecting the server through Cygwin

Madhuv Madhuv madhuv at cusat.ac.in
Sat Mar 4 05:54:08 EST 2017

Dear All

I am using windows-10 desktop. I installed cygwin64 in my desktop to access
the server and the programmes in the server. I could connect to my domain
through cygwin command prompt. But when i type grads its shows the
following error.

madhu:~$ grads

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.1.a1
Copyright (c) 1988-2013 by the Institute for Global Environment and Society
(IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.1.a1 little-endian readline grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5
opendap-grids,stn geotiff shapefile cairo
Issue 'q config' command for more detailed configuration information
Landscape mode? ('n' for portrait):  n
GX Package Initialization: Size = 8.5 11
Error in GXSTRT: Unable to connect to X server

madhu:~$

please help me to solve this issue. Your support will be greatly
appreciated

*Dr. V. MADHU M.Sc, B.Ed , M.Tech , Ph.D*
Assistant Professor (Grade II)
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
School of Marine Sciences
Cochin University of Science and Technology
Lakeside Campus, Kochi-682016
Kerala, INDIA
Mob: 91 9495424310