[gradsusr] Cannot Contour Grid - all undefined values error

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Mon Jun 5 21:20:19 EDT 2017

Hi, Bill -
I find that the g2ctl output often needs a few tweaks to get evertyhing right and some variables need a fourth grib code in the units field in order to match properly. You also appear to be concatenating files with different time stamps and this may be confusing the issue. Try setting up your descriptor with only one file, and run gribmap in verbose mode (with the -v) and look at what is matching/not matching. If records don’t match what’s in your descriptor, gribmap will show you what the entry should contain. Once you are matching all the records in one file, then add the templating for multiple time steps. If it’s still not working please send your descriptor and the gribmap verbose output.
—Jennifer