[gradsusr] Cannot Contour Grid - all undefined values error

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 21:07:23 EDT 2017

It seems that the files should not be joined together.

Regards
Yaqiang

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com

http://www.meteothinker.com
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yaqiang_Wang5

From: William Rasch - NOAA Federal
Date: 2017-06-05 23:33
To: gradsusr
Subject: [gradsusr] Cannot Contour Grid - all undefined values error
Hi,

I have what would seem to be a very simple data-set and "variable" I'm trying to plot wiht GrADS.

The grib files are located here...

ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Public/gbates/reforecast2/efi_grib2/pctile.2017060500.000_to_024hrs.grib2

I am simply downloading several of these files, then do this:

cat * > efi.master
g2ctl efi.master > efi.master.ctl
gribmap -i efi.master.ctl

I'm simply trying to plot either:

temp2m
wind10m
apcpsfc

When I try to display the data, I get the error:

Cannot Contour Grid - all undefined values

Thanks for any help....

Bill