[gradsusr] Mask/Scripting error

Justin Hicks jhicks2014 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:03:54 EST 2017

Jennifer,

Thanks, I never thought about making a list of the mask names and using
'subwrd' to call them. I used the draft you provided and changed a few
lines, and this is what it currently looks like:

'reinit'
outfile='/home/jhicks/Downloads/GLDAS_MASK_DATA.txt'
'!/bin/rm -f 'outfile

masks='00_WLD 01_ART 02_GOM 03_Med 04_blk 05_Cas 06_GLK 07_NPC 08_NAT
09_IND 10_SPC 11_SAT 12_ANT 13_SAm 14_NAm 15_AFR 16_EUA 17_AUS 18_OCN
19_GRN 20_NHL 21_NHO 22_SHL 23_SHO 24_NHm 25_SHm 26_WOL 27_ATL 28_PAC
29_NIO 30_SIO 31_MNP 32_AR2 33_GOB 34_SAH 35_SWM 36_SPD 37_NMB 38_WAS
39_AUD 40_AN2 41_NWP 42_KUR 43_GLF 44_ECS 45_BEN 46_EQP 47_INC 48_GTP
49_WIN 50_AMZ 51_TAL 52_EIO 53_NIG 54_EAF 55_AZ2 56_BOR'

nmasks=57

m=1
while (m<=nmasks)
  maskname=subwrd(masks,m)
  infile='/data2/control/Region'maskname'_mask_GLDAS.nc'
  'open 'infile

if (rc)
    say 'open failed for mask file 'm': 'infile', rc='rc
    return
  endif

'set dfile 1'
'set t 1 756'
'set lon -179.5 179.5'
'set lat -89.5 89.5'

'sdfopen /data2/control/GLDAS_NOAH10_M.020.ctl_1Deg_RainfallRateSfc.nc'

if (rc)
    say 'sdfopen failed for GLDAS file with mask number 'm
    return
  endif

'set dfile 2'
'set lon -179.5 179.5'
'set lat -89.5 89.5'
'set time 00Z01JAN1948'
'set dfile 1'

'q file 1'
region = sublin(result,2)
region = subwrd(region,2)
'q file 2'
dataset = sublin(result,2)
dataset = subwrd(dataset,2)
 'q dims'
 rectime = sublin(result,5)
 recdate = subwrd(rectime,6)
'd
aave(maskout(rainfsfc.2*86400,lterp(mask.1(time=00Z01JAN1948),rainfsfc.2)),lon=-179.5,lon=179.5,lat=-89.5,lat=89.5)'

 say result
 rainfsfc = sublin(result,1)
 rainfsfc = subwrd(rainfsfc,4)
string = dataset' 'region' 'rectime' 'rainfsfc
 rc=write(outfile ,  string ,'append')
'close 2'
'close 1'

  m=m+1
endwhile

rc=close(outfile)

*
*
*

When I run this script in GrADS, the result is strange...some results are
printed, but I get this error:

 gadsdf: Time increment too large for 'minutes since' time units attribute
SET DFILE error:  file 2 not open
sdfopen failed for GLDAS file with mask number 3

*
*
However, if I run this script again, I will get an error pertaining to, for
example mask number 6:

gadsdf: Time increment too large for 'minutes since' time units attribute
SET DFILE error:  file 2 not open
sdfopen failed for GLDAS file with mask number 6

I'm starting to think the issue is memory related or possibly with the
masks themselves (which were not produced by me), but I'm not quite sure.

-Justin