[gradsusr] Mask/Scripting error

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:32:20 EST 2017

-Does the seventh file exist on your system?
-Are you opening too many files? I don't see any 'close' statements in your
script, so you may want to consider the ramifications of never closing
files if you're opening a large number of them.
-Are you running out of memory? Usually Grads just crashes entirely when
there's a memory error, but perhaps it's not in this instance.

Usually when it comes to debugging, the most comprehensive thing you can do
is a line-by-line print statement to see what's going on in the script
after each and every line. You can simplify by printing out only specific
lines that you think are critical, then subdivide sections of code down to
the source of the problem so that you don't have to literally issue a print
statement after every line.

Jeff Duda

Jeff Duda
Post-doctoral research fellow