[gradsusr] draw contour border

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:38:43 EST 2017

Unless you have a strict objective way to define the ITCZ, you may not be
able to get the exact results you want. But one thing you can try is to
mask your field by latitude:

'd maskout(field,abs(lat)-10)'

The above command would plot a field only within 10 deg. of the equator.
Adjust for your specific longitude band.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Mubashar Ahmad <mubashardogar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear GrADS users,
>
> I would like to draw 0 contour border (over tropical  ITCZ region) in the
> upper panel of attached figure. If I simply use command "set gxout contour,
> or 'set clevs 0'  and then display my variable it will draw many contours,
> but I don't want to display 0 values every where, instead  I want it across
> ITCZ area (tropical region, red color) in the upper panel of attached
> figure. How can I do it in GrADS?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Mubashar

Jeff Duda