[gradsusr] OSCAR DATA CTL

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 14 13:27:27 EST 2017

Hi Carlos,

I believe the (x,y,z,t) dimension in OSCAR are
(longitude,latitude,depth,time).  So, you need to change dimension1 to
longitude, dimension2 to latitude, dimension3 to depth and dimension4 to
time.  I also suggest you just remove the lines from vars 4 to the end;
as they are they won't work, but you don't need then unless for some
reason you want to change the names.  If you then use "xdfopen" you
should be able to access the data.

Note Jeff's earlier comment about "OPTIONS template".  You modified
descriptor file will work (don't think you'll get an error), but you
only have a single time and no template strings. Also, having xdef > 360
should not be a problem.

This should work, again use xdfopen to open the file.  Ultimately you'll
want to change the tdef line to include more times and the DSET line to
include file name template options.

DSET ^oscar_vel8859.nc
undef 200000000000000000000.000000
OPTIONS template
xdef longitude 1201 linear 20.000000 0.333333
ydef latitude 481 linear -80.000000 0.333333
zdef depth 1 linear 1 1
tdef time 1 linear 00:00Z06jan2017 1dy

Jim