[gradsusr] Problem about sdfopen TRMM opendap data

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Wed Feb 8 09:31:44 EST 2017

This is an SSL issue. I can open that NASA URL with an ssl-enabled build of grads on my RHEL6 box with openssl version 1.0.1, but not on my RHEL5 box with openssl version 0.9.8. So, it seems to require a newer version of openssl that is not in my latest builds. I am working on getting this sorted out and will be putting out a new release soon. In the meanwhile, you can use our GDS to look at TRMM data:
http://www.monsoondata.org:9090/dods/trmm/3B42
http://www.monsoondata.org:9090/dods/trmm/3B43
—Jennifer