[gradsusr] Where to get station data?

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Mon Aug 28 13:51:48 EDT 2017

I don’t know what format the thredds server at UCAR was delivering, but COLA gets the sfc metars via the LDM and converts them to GrADS station data format — they are sitting behind our GDS at http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/stn/metar/. There are archives for past years plus two datasets that get updated hourly. For example:

ga-> open http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/stn/metar/past48
ga-> set t last
ga-> set gxout stnmark
ga-> d ts