[gradsusr] About set shp -poly

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Fri Oct 21 09:30:07 EDT 2016

This has already been discussed:
http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2012-January/031806.html

On Oct 20, 2016, at 3:16 PM, Li, Guilong (EC) <guilong.li at canada.ca> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I want to use GrADS polygon with color filled (shaded format) to generate shapefile in order to put it in ArcGIS. For points and lines, shapefile works well. But polygon has some problems.

Here is the code, I use GrADS 2.1.a3

'reinit'
'sdfopen ensmedium_climatology.nc'
'set grads off'
'set grid off'
filename='cdd_2090s'
'set gxout shp'
'set shp -poly 'filename
'd (cd3-cd0)'
'draw shp 'filename

And generated figure
<image001.png>

There are a lot of vertical lines in each polygon. When I want to fill each polygon as a color (use set shpopts colornumber), all polygons are filled in one color.

So my questions are 1) how to remove these vertical lines 2) how to fill in different colors for different polygons.

Thanks,

Guilong

Jennifer Miletta Adams
George Mason University