[gradsusr] lterp problems

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:55:58 EDT 2016

Travis,
I suspect the discrepancy in the TDEF entries between your control files
may be responsible for the behavior you're seeing. You'll want to make sure
to adjust the time settings so that both arguments of lterp() are valid at
the same time.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Travis Wilson - NOAA Federal <
travis.wilson at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use lterp on a 1km radar grib file (radar.latlon.c3) and a
> dummy ctl file and am having grid coordinate problems (see below).  What is
> strange is that I've used this method on other files (like the HRRR) and do
> not run into this problems.
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?   I have attached the files I am working
> with.
>
> 'open radar.latlon.c3.ctl'
> 'open radar.latlon.c3dummy.ctl'
> 'd lterp(brefl1_1,foo.2)'
> Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
>   World coordinates convert to non-integer  grid coordinates
>     Variable = foo.2  Dimension = 3
> Error from LTERP: Failed to evaluate 2nd expression
> Operation Error:  Error from lterp function
>   Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>   Expression = lterp(brefl1_1,foo.2)
>
> Thanks,