[gradsusr] convertion of netCDF file into binary

Jayakrishnan P.R prjayakrishnan at gmail.com
Tue May 17 22:09:41 EDT 2016

Share your gs file along with the ctl file which you used for opening the
converted binary file so that someone can have a look into it for error. As
already pointed out by users, sdfwrite is for writing a file into netcdf
format.  Here is a sample gs file which can be used for converting OLR into
.bin file. Have a look and modify it for your purpose. Best of Luck.

'reinit'
'sdfopen D:/computation2008/IITM_OLR_2008.nc'
'set lon 62 72'
'set lat 5 15'
prompt 'key-in file name for olr : '
pull fname
'set fwrite 'fname
tt=153
'set t 'tt
'set gxout fwrite'
'd olr'
'disable fwrite'

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Mikovitz, Colleen (LARC-E302)[SCIENCE
SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS, INC] <j.c.mikovitz at nasa.gov> wrote:

> The sdfwrite is for writing into another .nc file (sdf=self-describing
> format).
>
> Use ‘set gxout fwrite’  along with ‘set fwrite’   Check out the
> documentation on http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html for each
> of those.
>
> As a tip, make sure your x and y are set exactly to what you want output.
> For example, ‘set x 1 360’ for a one-degree grid.
>
> Colleen
>
> On May 17, 2016, at 6:18 AM, Lekshmi Mudra <lekshmimdr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> >         I have all India gridded (0.25 x 0.25) imd rainfall data from
> > 1948 to 2015, which is in .nc format. I wanted to convert the same
> > into .bin format. I have tried using sdfwrite command. The resulted
> > binary file is not working properly.
> > Is there any solution?
> >

> > Lekshmi Mudra

Sincerely

Dr. Jayakrishnan P.R
Post Doctoral Research Fellow
C308, Institute of Ocean and Earth Sciences (IOES)
University of Malaya
50603, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (+603) 7967 4640 / 6995
Mobile: 012-3526094