[gradsusr] modifying default longitude grid centered at 180

Kyle Clem Kyle.Clem at vuw.ac.nz
Mon May 16 18:54:35 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am working with ERA Interim reanalysis data and NOAA SST data, which start at longitude 0 and run to 360. The grads default lat/lon grid centers this data about the dateline/180 degrees. I would like to have the plot begin from say 60°E and run around the full 360 degrees, so centered at 60°W/240°E. I have tried to achieve this two ways: set the longitude values to 60 420 and -60 300. However, the data is cut off and is no longer continuous. Is there an alternative way to change the plot so that it is centered at a different longitude value, but remains continuous around the globe? It works fine in mproj sps format, but I would like to keep the mproj in the default lat/lon grid.

Regards,

Kyle

Kyle Clem, M.Sc.
PhD Student
School of Geography, Environment and Earth Sciences
Victoria University of Wellington
Cotton Building, Room 222
kyle.clem at vuw.ac.nz