[gradsusr] About the Grads Basic Functionalities and Correlation Analysis

Girija Kalyani kalyani at ncaor.gov.in
Thu Mar 17 07:34:10 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for adding me to the group.
I'm novice user of Grads. To be more precise, I have just  installed few days back.
Details:
Running on : Windows-7
Grads Version:2.0

My Objective:
Partial Correlation of 3 variables (all are in netcdf format) but each one has different units.
For this, I am regridding the data, but I do not find a proper tutorial or user guide for basic functionalities as in- how do i write back my regridded file into another netcdf file
and how do I save it back on my system with same properties?
Next- Once "gxout shaded" is given, how do i revert any attempt once done?
Something like undo function?
Then, My data is of year 1979-2015 (Monthly Means)
Is there any option to make animation out of this?
How do I define time
I learnt about - set t 1 300
But then this is individually giving me 300th index time factor.
How do i use a series? Like how does the function work to see a particular set?
And how do i concentrate on my Area of Interest?
Isn't there a way for multiple windows at a time for quick processing?
Please help me with these basics before I proceed to correlational based queries.
Thank You

Girija Kalyani
Junior Research Fellow
Division of Polar Remote Sensing