[gradsusr] GrADS Environment Variable to pass command line arguments?

Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] matthew.thompson at nasa.gov
Tue Jun 28 09:18:19 EDT 2016

All,

Just a question, but does GrADS have an environment variable like "LESS"
is for less such that:

          LESS   Options which are passed to less automatically.

For example, I always use "grads -C 0" (or, I guess, "opengrads -C 0"
depending on my fingers). Now, obviously, I could alias

    grads=>'grads -C 0'

but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a more "correct" way to do so
with GrADS such as:

    setenv GRADS '-C0'

tl;dr: Matt is lazy and doesn't want to type 3 extra characters.

Thanks,
Matt
--
Matt Thompson, SSAI, Sr Scientific Programmer/Analyst
NASA GSFC,    Global Modeling and Assimilation Office