[gradsusr] streamline output as kml?

Darlow, JAMES W CIV NMFC_JTWC james.darlow at navy.mil
Thu Jul 28 17:40:55 EDT 2016

Hello Gradsusr,
I am using v2.0.2...
 I hope someone can help me output streamlines as a KML
(Rather than a TIF image and KML)
I need the smoother lines <LineString> and transparent background the kml provides, not the pixelated streamlines of a tiff.

I use the following now to get a streamline png with transparent background... but it is pixelated.
ga-> clear
ga-> set gxout stream
ga-> d vgrdsfc;ugrdsfc
ga-> printim test.png -t 0

When I use the following, only lines are generated. (If I try d vgrdsfc;ugrdsfc, nothing is generated.)
ga-> set gxout kml
ga-> set kml -ln test.kml
KML output file name:
test.kml (KML text file)
KML output type: contour lines
ga-> d vgrdsfc
Contouring: -20 to 25 interval 5
1242 contours written to KML file test.kml

I appreciate any suggestions... I am new to GRADS; examples are appreciated.

Thank you,
James Darlow
Joint Typhoon Warning Center