[gradsusr] concatenating files

Frank Colby Frank_Colby at uml.edu
Thu Jul 7 17:21:39 EDT 2016

Hi GradsUsers,

Does anyone have an easy way to handle GFS Ensemble files?  I have
output from ensemble runs that have separate files for each ensemble
member at each forecast hour.  I would like to put the ensemble members
together into a single file.  I used cat to put two files together as a
test, and wgrib (these are grib1 files) shows that both ensemble members
are indeed there.  However, when I use grib2ctl and gribmap to make the
ctl and index files, and open the file, it only has the first ensemble
member.   It's as if grib2ctl never read that there was a second
ensemble member.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Frank Colby