[gradsusr] tile and grfill

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Wed Jan 27 11:38:56 EST 2016

Thanks for the clarification, Andrew. I think this is a bug — the grfill code path is not doing what it’s supposed to with a contour level of -1. The ’not drawing anything when the color is -1’ is a feature of the new shading algorithm, and it may not have propagated over to the grfill code. I will look into it. I can offter two workarounds.

1. Define a color that is fully transparent and use that instead of -1.

‘set gxout grfill'
‘set rgb 42 0 0 0 0 ‘
'set ccols 41 42'
‘set clevs 0.05’
‘d pval’

2. Leave the -1 in there, but use ‘d maskout(pval,0.5-pval)’ instead of ‘d pval’.

—Jennifer