[gradsusr] tile and grfill

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:42:46 EST 2016

Andrew,
Can you clarify your question please? What exactly do you mean by "tiling"?

The difference between grfill and shaded is that shaded color shades
between (smoothed) contours drawn by the software, giving your fields a
nicer smoother look, whereas grfill just uses color shades to fill by grid
box only, with no contour lines drawn to serve as boundaries for color
areas. For very high resolution grids, you won't really see much, if any,
difference between a field displayed using grfill and that field displayed
using shaded. It only really shows up for coarser grids.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Andrew Friedman <andfried at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi GrADS users,
>
> I am trying to tile areas of significance using grfill. However, I have
> noticed that tiling seems to behave differently with gxout set to grfill v.
> shaded. When gxout is set to grfill, all values that are not tiled are
> return to the background. Does anyone know a work-around for this?
>
> Thanks, Andrew

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant