[gradsusr] Unknown GRIB2 index version number 3

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 21 11:26:08 EST 2016

Greg,

"**** FATAL ERROR: rd_grib2_msg_seq_file, missing end section ('7777') ****"

is a wgrib2 error message.  You should be able to duplicate the message by

    wgrib2 (filename)

Here is where the error message occurs:

   1. find header of grib message
   2. The header has the length of the grib message, read the entire
message into memory
   3.  The last 4 bytes of the grib message has to be "7777" otherwise you
get the
         "missing end section" error message.

Wesley