[gradsusr] Unknown GRIB2 index version number 3

Gregory Clarke gsclarke at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:19:45 EST 2016

Hello Jennifer and Wesley,

Many thanks to you each for your help.

I have the following feedback:

Jennifer - your solution does not work. I did substitute the "-big" option for "-old". I mapped successfully but when GrADS runs, I get the following error message:

"Open Error:  Can't open Station/Index map file 201601210000_arw_wrfout_d01.idx
  The data file was not opened.
No Files Open"

Wesley - your solution does work and I can plot some data, but I am getting the following error as well, but suspect a bad GriB file based on an old thread in the GRADS forum about transferring the file via FTP as ASCII not BINARY. As my file is locally generated, this is not the answer:

"*** FATAL ERROR: rd_grib2_msg_seq_file, missing end section ('7777') ***"

Kind Regards,
Greg