[gradsusr] How to Calculate Vector Wind composites using Grads

gibies george gibies at tropmet.res.in
Thu Feb 25 00:36:12 EST 2016

Dear Kalyan,

I don't find any scope for technical error on a quick look. If get some
technical error, please mention it.

But, scientifically your methodology is not fair and hence, I have a
suggestion on it.

# use "sum" function instead of "ave" function and finally divide the sum
with total number of days.

There is slight difference between the two procedures since all the break
episodes need not be of same length.

*Gibies George,**Senior Research Fellow (**CSIR)**,*

*Climate and Global Modelling Division,Indian Institute of Tropical
Meteorology,Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, NCL (P. O.), Pashan,Pune 411008,
India.Office Teleph  : +912025904423Office mail      :
gibies at tropmet.res.in <gibies at tropmet.res.in>________________Vettikuzhiyil
HouseEzhakkaranadu SouthPuthencruz-682308, Kochi, India.Mobile number :
 +919028523910, +919420407392, Personal mail : gibiesgeorge at gmail.com
<gibiesgeorge at gmail.com>http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/
<http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/>*

print this e-mail unless you really need. Because every 3000 pages cost a
tree. *
*Save Trees, Save mother Earth." *