[gradsusr] wgrib2.0.3

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 15 13:06:35 EST 2016

Thomas,

The Arome files are on a 2801 x 1791 grid using jpeg2000 compression.
These files crash wgrib2 until v2.0.3 which included an updated jpeg2000
library (jasper-1.900.1-14ubuntu3.2.debian).   You can find an updated
wgrib2 for windows at

    ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wd51we/wgrib2/Windows_7/

Jennifer has put the updated jasper library into latest GrADS.  Not sure
whether
it made it into OpenGrADS.  You can always work around the jasper bug by

   wgrib2 in.grb -set_grib_type c3 -grib_out out.grb

Wesley