[gradsusr] Drawing Shape Files

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Wed Aug 17 17:29:47 EDT 2016

Andrew,

I did exactly as you did, and the Alaska county lines drew.  However, that
may be because my shapefile is in my SupportData.

Did you remember to unzip the shapefile before drawing?  Also, I'm not sure
why you did the 'set shp...' command.  That one is used for creating, not
drawing, a shapefile.  Perhaps your action overwrote the shapefile you
downloaded and thus you may be drawing temperature contours, not county
lines.

Try it again without the 'set shp' and instead use something like the
following before the draw shp command:
set line 1    (you may need to use 0 or a different color if your map
background is reversed)
set shpopts -1
draw shp...

Stephen