[gradsusr] Drawing Shape Files

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Tue Aug 16 16:37:48 EDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

There are quite a number of sources for shapefiles, including US counties.
Here's one that might be useful:

https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/cbf/cbf_counties.html

Above link has three different resolutions.  Just download and unzip to
wherever you keep your shapefiles.  I tried the "500k" resolution and it
includes Alaska counties, so maybe it will suit your needs.  Be sure to
read the data description on the web page for appropriateness and any
limitations.

Good luck--
Stephen Mc