[gradsusr] clab masked

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Sep 29 10:18:41 EDT 2015

Hi, Meredith —
GrADS wants to draw contour labels horizontally, so it looks for places where the slope of the contour line is zero to draw the label. If you are not getting enough labels drawn, try shrinking the size with ‘set clopts’ and tweaking the spacing with ‘set clskip’. The latter command allows for labeling every other contour line (or every 3rd contour line) but it also controls the spacing between labels on a given line and that may result in you seeing more labels.

If none of those tweaks helps, then use ‘set clab forced’ which will draw rotated labels but will also employ the little boxes behind the label to cover up the contour line underneath the label to make it more legible. At the moment, you can’t have masked and rotated labels.
—Jennifer

On Sep 29, 2015, at 7:54 AM, Meredith Bell <Meredith.Bell at panasonic.aero> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any way to set clab to both masked and on?  I would like to use clab masked but when I set this option not enough contour intervals are labeled.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Meredith

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3