[gradsusr] New program for Windows users: GFS grib manager - beta testers wanted

AMS EmsiWx Bytča emsiwx at pocasie-bytca.sk
Tue Sep 15 08:27:32 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a Windows programm GFS grib manager, suitable
for Windows users who work with Grads.

The current version is 0.07 Beta, and you can:

* Choose model run time, date
* Choose model dataset, currently available (GFS 0.25°, GFS 0.25°
secondary parms, GFS 0.5°, GFS 1°)
* Choose required forecast length, step
* Set required Levels, Variables, Subarea (you don't have to download
full  gribs which are big in size, choosing right subarea and skipping
the Levels and Variables you don't need significantly reduce the size of
the grib
* Download partial gribs based on your settings
* Concetenate all partial gribs into one monolythic grib file
* Create control (.ctl) and index (idx) files for use e.g. GRADS -
Requires Perl for Windows to be installed
* Create a Windows batch file (.bat) based on your setting, which you
can schedule to run automatically

Future plans:
                         * Built-in Scheduler
                         * more DataSets
                         * Create Grads outputs without knowing
scripting, or having any Grads scripts (I will distribute my own) - Will
require Grads/Opengrads to be installed
                         * Visualize required parameters with build-in
grib processor on Google maps, Openstreet maps
                         * and many more

I currently need volunteers to beta test my releases and provide me with
feedback (about 10 more). So if you are interested, please let me know.

Some screen shots:
http://pocasie-bytca.sk/downloads/scr1.png
http://pocasie-bytca.sk/downloads/scr2.png
http://pocasie-bytca.sk/downloads/scr3.png